How Brigitte Trust can work with you
A Brigitte Trust volunteer provides a free service of emotional support and practical help at home for your patients who have a life threatening illness, their families and carers.
Our volunteers undergo intensive training and are DBS checked. The volunteer training concentrates on good communication skills when talking with people who have a life threatening illness, some of whom may be towards the end of their life. Volunteers will have developed their listening skills and considered how to respond appropriately, particularly to those difficult questions that can be asked.
Who can you refer?
Anyone who has a life threatening illness, at whatever stage of their illness, can be referred for support. It may be that someone has recently been diagnosed or they may be somewhere on their journey with their illness. It may be that they are towards end of life.
You may visit a patient and identify that the carer would greatly benefit from some respite support. That too would be an appropriate referral. Bereavement support can also be offered after a volunteer has been involved with a family member.
How to Make a Referral
A referral may be made to our Service Co-ordinators for the east or west of our area, or to the Brigitte Trust office on 01306 881816.
When you call us we will need the following information from you:
- Name of person to be supported
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Doctor & Practice
- Support Required
- Any Other Useful Information
- Carer Name & Relationship
- Telephone Number (if different)
The team at the Brigitte Trust look forward to working with you and helping to support your patients.
Brigitte Trust News
- Charity Garden Party – Sunday 20th May 2018 4th April 2018
- Julie Felix in concert – Supporting The Brigitte Trust 19th January 2018
- Tesco Bags of Help 8th September 2017
- Training and Support Officer – Vacancy 31st August 2017
- Vantagepoint Wine Festival – Dorking – EVENT CANCELLED 29th July 2017
- Almost 1 in 5 cancer patients are now being subjected to 'a stressful state of limbo' before starting treatment, Macmillan warns 12th April 2018
- WARNER LEISURE HOTELS SMASHES FUNDRAISING TARGET TO FUND A RANGE OF HELP AND ADVICE FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH CANCER 9th April 2018
- Just 6% of people with cancer confident in NHS's future cancer provision 29th March 2018
- Number of working age people living with cancer shoots up 10% in five years 27th March 2018
- Changing plans and covering our tracks – new stats reveal we are a nation of white liars 13th March 2018