How Brigitte Trust can work with you
A Brigitte Trust volunteer provides a free service of emotional support and practical help at home for your patients who have a life threatening illness, their families and carers.
Our volunteers undergo intensive training and are DBS checked. The volunteer training concentrates on good communication skills when talking with people who have a life threatening illness, some of whom may be towards the end of their life. Volunteers will have developed their listening skills and considered how to respond appropriately, particularly to those difficult questions that can be asked.
Who can you refer?
Anyone who has a life threatening illness, at whatever stage of their illness, can be referred for support. It may be that someone has recently been diagnosed or they may be somewhere on their journey with their illness. It may be that they are towards end of life.
You may visit a patient and identify that the carer would greatly benefit from some respite support. That too would be an appropriate referral. Bereavement support can also be offered after a volunteer has been involved with a family member.
How to Make a Referral
A referral may be made to our Service Co-ordinators for the east or west of our area, or to the Brigitte Trust office on 01306 881816.
When you call us we will need the following information from you:
- Name of person to be supported
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Doctor & Practice
- Support Required
- Any Other Useful Information
- Carer Name & Relationship
- Telephone Number (if different)
The team at the Brigitte Trust look forward to working with you and helping to support your patients.
Brigitte Trust News
- Tesco Bags of Help 8th September 2017
- Training and Support Officer – Vacancy 31st August 2017
- Vantagepoint Wine Festival – Dorking – EVENT CANCELLED 29th July 2017
- The Bull’s Head Ewhurst – Quiz Night – 3 July 2017 21st June 2017
- Garden Party at Wotton House – 7th May 2017 24th March 2017
- THOUSANDS OF CANCER PATIENTS STILL WAITING TOO LONG TO START THEIR TREATMENT 14th September 2017
- VULNERABLE PEOPLE FACING UNACCEPTABLE WAIT FOR FINANCIAL 'LIFELINE' 13th September 2017
- 7 MILLION BRITS DITCH THEIR FRIENDS FOR DRINKING TOO MUCH 13th September 2017
- LIVING WELL IS AS IMPORTANT AS SURVIVING CANCER, SAYS MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT 12th September 2017
- THE GREAT BRITISH CAKE SCOFF: THE UK'S FAVOURITE CAKE REVEALED 8th September 2017