How Brigitte Trust can work with you
A Brigitte Trust volunteer provides a free service of emotional support and practical help at home for your patients who have a life threatening illness, their families and carers.
Our volunteers undergo intensive training and are DBS checked. The volunteer training concentrates on good communication skills when talking with people who have a life threatening illness, some of whom may be towards the end of their life. Volunteers will have developed their listening skills and considered how to respond appropriately, particularly to those difficult questions that can be asked.
Who can you refer?
Anyone who has a life threatening illness, at whatever stage of their illness, can be referred for support. It may be that someone has recently been diagnosed or they may be somewhere on their journey with their illness. It may be that they are towards end of life.
How to Make a Referral
A referral may be made to our Service Co-ordinator or to the Brigitte Trust office on 01306 881816. Messages are checked regularly.
When you call us we will need the following information from you:
- Name of person to be supported
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Doctor & Practice
- Support Required
- Any Other Useful Information
- Carer Name & Relationship
- Telephone Number (if different)
The team at the Brigitte Trust look forward to working with you and helping to support your patients.
Brigitte Trust News
- Job Vacancy 26th February 2021
- Light Up Dorking this Christmas 17th November 2020
- Coronavirus Information 29th March 2020
- Tesco Funding Success 3rd March 2020
- Co-op Local Causes 16th January 2020
- Easyfundraising success 15th November 2019
- Neurological Support Group 30th October 2019
- Tesco Bags of Help 18th October 2019
- Nicolas Owen – Fundraiser 4th March 2019
- Carmen at Clandon Wood 31st January 2019